Hey at least my character has a name–and a few speaking parts! 🙂
A few lines from WikiQuote:
- Tevye: As the good book says, when a poor man eats a chicken, one of them is sick.
- Mendel: Where does the book say that?
- Tevye: Well, it doesn’t say that exactly, but somewhere there is something about a chicken. Good Sabbath!
- Tevye: As Abraham said, “I am a stranger in a strange land…”
- Mendel: Moses said that.
- Tevye: Ah. Well, as King David said, “I am slow of speech, and slow of tongue.”
- Mendel: That was also Moses.
- Tevye: For a man who was slow of tongue, he talked a lot.